There are a ton of great animals in shelters. Many are put down every day because space in shelters are limited.
Please, think about adopting. You will find a great pet and save a life at the same time!
(Just click on the shelter name to be taken to their website)
If you have information regarding additional shelter locations or other adoption sites, please do not hesitate
to click on the "Contact" tab and share the information so I may add it on.
Below are a list of shelters and links:The Sacramento Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
6201 Florin-Perkins Road, Sacramento
(916) 383-73872127 Front Street
Sacramento, CA 95818(916) 808.7387 or (916) 808.5830
San Francisco Animal Care And Control
1200 15th Street, San Francisco
(415) 554-6364San Mateo County Peninsula Humane Society
12 Airport Blvd., San Mateo
(650) 340-8200Pets In Need (No-Kill Shelter)871 5th Avenue, Redwood City(650) 367-1405 PetsInNeed.OrgCity of Palo Alto Animal Services
3281 E. Bayshore/Frontage Road, Palo Alto
(650) 496-5971Silicon Valley Animal Control Authority
3370 Thomas Rd., Santa Clara
(408) 764-0344Humane Society of Silicon Valley
901 Ames Ave., Milpitas
(408) 727-3383City of San Jose Animal Care and Services
2750 Monterey Road, San Jose
(408) 578-7297South County Shelter
12370 Murphy Avenue, San Martin